2016 Grant Cycle
NGAAP-Charlotte is pleased to announce its 2016 grant cycle. Grants will be awarded to encourage 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations to serve the unmet needs of the African American community, either directly or in partnership with another organization(s). Grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded for operations and programs that support the mission of NGAAP-Charlotte, based on the following criteria:
- Based and operating in Mecklenburg County
- 501(c)(3) status (use of fiscal agents allowed)
- Annual organizational budget not exceeding $500,000
- 50% or more of population served by identified program/organization is African American
- CM3A-identified need and priority
- 30% or more of Board members are Black/African American (representative of County demographics at 32.2% in 2014)
- Requests for seed funding
- Requests for operational and infrastructure expenses
- Proposed initiatives should respond to and promote the mission of “Social, Civic and Legal Justice” within the African American community.
- Build understanding and appreciation for the inequality in legal outcomes based on ethnicity and race
- Cultivate opportunities to build collaboration and community
- Support voter registration and engagement
- Promote policies and procedures that reduce disproportionality and disparities in the justice system
AREAS TYPICALLY NOT FUNDED
- Capital campaigns and endowment funds.
- Networking infrastructure, hardware and software for computers or other similar forms of technology.
- Publication of books.
- Projects that promote political activity or religious views.
- Organizations for re-granting purposes.
- Debt retirement/deficit funding.
- Activities occurring prior to grant decision.
- Projects typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government.
- New proposals that duplicate existing or established programs or services.
- Strategic Planning in “ordinary course of business.”
Grant applications are now available through Foundation For The Carolinas’ Online Grant Center. The deadline to submit an applicaiton is FRIDAY, JULY 8, 2016, 12:00 NOON. Please visit our Online Grants Center to apply.
For More Information:
Contact David Snider, Vice President & Program Officer, Foundation For The Carolinas, at email@example.com or 704.973.4528.